STRENGTHENING CLIMATE RESILIENCE
Lessons learned from 5 Ecovillages in Tanzania
Initiated by Heifer Nederland
Tuesday April 2nd | 12.00 – 12.45 EAT | 11.00 – 11.45 CEST | check local timings here
In Tanzania the European Union has funded 5 pilot projects, to test different integrated climate resilience
approaches. These so-called Ecovillages are now in their fourth and last year. In this webinar these Ecovillages will
explain their approach to strengthen climate change adaptation, each highlighting the successes, challenges and
learnings of one key intervention.
The webinar will address topics such as: regreening, farmer managed natural regeneration, water interventions and
improving rangelands to increase the resilience of pastoralists.
All projects belong to the EU’s Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (GCCA+) initiative that aims to help the world’s
most vulnerable countries to address climate change. (http://www.gcca.eu/). The webinar starts with a short
introduction by the GCCA+ from the EU.
All Ecovillages will be represented by a speaker from the field:
• Eco-Boma: A climate resilient model for Maasai steppe pastoralists
• Integrated Approaches for Climate Change Adaptation in the East Usambara Mountains
https://muhezaclimatechange.wordpress.com/ and http://www.tfcg.org/eusambara.html
• Igunga Eco-Village Project – increasing farmers resilience to climate change
• Scalable Resilience: Outspreading Islands of Adaptation
• Eco-Act (Chololo 2.0): Eco-Village Adaptation to Climate Change in Central Tanzania
How to attend?
▪ Go to https://metameta.adobeconnect.com/ecovillage/Click on ‘Enter as Guest’
▪ Enter a user name (e.g. your name and organization)
▪ Click on ‘Enter Room’
We will use Adobe Connect to run the webinar. You can test Adobe Connect in advance on your computer
through this link.)